Wednesday 16 September 2009

LIFE: Maxi Mums

Despite spending the night rolling round my bed with raging headache, sweats and delicate intestines I made it into London yesterday to do a series of radio interviews and a webcast. God knows how I managed it and thanks go to the pin-stripe- suited man who gave up his seat on the 0738 (you probably thought I'd had one too many the night before, but sadly no). Anyway, yesterday heard me spouting on about the rise of the 'maxi-mum', the new parent in the playground who's proudly outshining the polish of the'yummy mummy' of yester-economy. Who's got time, money and inclination to worry about personifying perfection these days? The maxi-mum is happy with her lot, does the best she can and recognises the benefit of looking 'good enough' at the school gates. She's earning cash to keep the household afloat and great at maximising value in the ways she spends her money and minutes. Thanks to Olay for conducting the consumer research that gave me opportunity to talk about the rise of this savvy group of mums (and for giving the world regenerist 30 second wrinkle filler). If I was mad for Robbie Williams I might still be glowing from the knowledge that where my bottom rested yesterday, so did his last week as he broadcast himself around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment