Tuesday 25 August 2009

LIFE: Oops

Oh there's nothing like a spelling error in the subject header of an e-mail to 500 people to make you cringe and shrink into your shoulders is there? Well, I suppose there's a lot worse things happen at sea. And on the living room floor when your pre-schooler....no, better leave it there. And the daft thing is, I'd checked it four times in my usual anal way. Anyway....

I was in a meeting with PR guys this morning working on a campaign for one of their clients centred on motherhood. They were picking my professional brain and my 'mummy brain' too and because the Chair is pregnant I had to tread a fine line between honesty about what mothers might be thinking (for the sake of the campaign) and not making motherhood look too demanding/tricky/difficult (for the sake of the nearly first time mum). One of the stats from a survey they'd commissioned made me smile - out of cynicism or hope I'm not sure - which said that 79% of mothers feel under time pressure. Which of course leaves 21% of mothers not feeling that way. I am looking forward to getting to that stage and invite anyone of that 21% to come forward and give me and my clients some lessons. Or is the answer to get a grandma? I'm working on that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment