Tuesday 10 February 2009

DSD Week 2: Kindness

It's day 2 of the second Team Chivers "Do Something Different" 2009 Challenge - a week of Random Acts of Kindness (the first was a week of no spend in January). Yesterday I was disappointed that I didn't come across more opportunities to be kind and I think a lot of what I did I would have done anyway, except maybe do all the ironing (one of Nick's chores) and think to buy the lovely park attendant a cup of coffee for all his efforts to clear the snow outside the gym. But that was a frustration in itself as I couldn't get safely to a cafe with a toddler on the loose next to a main road so I didn't. The thought was there though! I took cake into the ladies in the gym creche, opened plenty of doors and did lots of smiling. Today my big gesture is going to be to double up on our evening meal and leave half with our childminding team for their dinner this evening and also treat a friend to lunch. I think I need to drop the term 'random' for this week as my ideas aren't particularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment