Tuesday 20 January 2009

No Spend, Accomplished!

I've realised the more you set yourself a difficult challenge and accomplish it, the better equipped you feel to tackle other challenges (that may have no relation to the first). This isn't a new idea and one I'm sure Socrates or some such great thinker pondered long before me, but it's absolutely true. I'm thinking of my running efforts and my no-spend challenge in the last week (see posting on Friday 2nd Jan). On day 4 of the no spend 'DSD' I made myself proud with my longest run for well over a year. It wasn't my fastest time, but it was difficult (we now live on top of a hill!) and it was a stretching challenge and boy did I feel proud at the end of it. By finishing off the run and hitting my target despite jelly legs, I felt geed up to make sure Team Chivers accomplished the seven day no-spend goal. And we did. No weekend foodie treats, no Amazon orders (I am forever buying books), no cups of tea in the cafe in the park, no playgroup, no Saturday or Sunday papers. No spending whatsoever, save for a little top up shopping on Saturday which was allowed in 'the rules' (it was only a bit of salad so hardly a thrill...) and it even made us bring potty training forward as we ran out of nappies! The things that money can't buy, hey?

No comments:

Post a Comment